"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, October 5, 2026

TTT: Books that Conjure Up Happy Memories



Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Conjure Up Happy Memories

Year of Wonder: Classical Music for Every Day by Clemency Burton-Hill
I love listening to all kinds of music and learning about the people who make the music. I didn't listen to one song a day, as suggested, I emersed myself in music for a month while I read the book and listened to the suggested selections. Sheer joy!



This Land Is Your Land: A Road Trip Through U.S. History by Beverly Gage
My husband and I listened to this book as we were driving toward a vacation in Yellowstone. It was the perfect book for the moment and I enjoyed the discussions it evoked, too.

Theo of Golden by Allen Levi
Something about this book just made me happy. Then we read it for book club and all of the gals at club felt the same way. It felt like a blessing.

The Road to Tender Hearts by Annie Hartnett
This book is simply hilarious and fun. We laughed our way through book club where we discussed it.

So Far Gone by Jess Walter
Another book I listened to with my husband and we both enjoyed it so much and kept repeating the funny lines to each other. I love sharing literature moments with my hubby.


How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
My hubby and I took our grandsons of an overnight trip to the ocean. While in the car we listened to this hilarious kids book. We all laughed and repeated lines from it the whole weekend. Just thinking about this makes me happy!

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
I've been reading this book to my family every year since it was published. Now my girls, adults both, now read it to their family or make sure we still read it here. So much love and happiness wrapped up in this book.

Subpar Parks: Americas Most Extraordinary National Parks and Their Least Impressed Visitors by Amber Share.
This book makes me laugh to just think about it. As I read it, I'd follow family members around the house to share the funny entries.

Dreaming the Beatles: The Love Story of One Band and the Whole World by Rob Sheffield
I am an unabashed Beatles fan and this book fed by obsession. I just get happy thinking about both the Beatles and this book
.

James by Percival Everett
Another book Don and I listened to together and enjoyed the experience so much.


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!