Monday, September 21, 2026

TTT: My Fall Reading List (and how I did on my summer list)

Top Ten Tuesday:

 Fall 2026 Reading List (and How I Did On My Summer Reading List)




Top Ten Tuesday: Fall Reading List. 
Below the line is how I did on my summer reading list.

Fall reading list: 


Book Club Selections:
  1. SOTH Gals (October) : Homestead (Moustakis)
  2. RHS Ladies (October): Mad Mabel (Hepworth)
  3. SOTH Gals (November) : TBA
  4. RHS Ladies (November/December) : Whistler (Patchett)
  5. SOTH Gals (December) : TBA

    Challenge Books:
    1. Classics Club Spin Book TBA from this list -- possibly: The Sun Also Rises (Hemingway)
    2. Printz Award Winner or honor book -- Sisters in the Wind (Boulley)
    3. A NYT Book Best of  the 21st Century selection -- possibly The Sellout (Beatty)
    4. A National Book Award winner or finalist (announced in November) TBA
    5. The Booker Prize winner or finalist (announced in November) TBA
    6. Three Goodreads Fall Challenge selections TBA, starting October 1st
      1. TBA
      2. TBA
      3. TBA

    Books I've already started, recently acquired, and/or have on-hold at the library:
    1. The Calamity Club (Stockett)
    2. Good Poems (edited by Keillor)
    3. The Man Who Died Twice (Osman)
    4. The Things We Never Say (Strout)
    5. Crook Manifesto (Whitehead)
    6. Anything is Possible (Strout)
    7. How to Be Brave (Budde)
    There are a few unknowns right now which will become clear as the season progresses. Since I 
    participate in challenges that have specific books which aren't announced until later this year, 
    I have a lot of TBA books again.




    How I did on my summer reading list: 

     Yellow: completed. 
    Aqua: in progress
    Green:  not completed, DNF
    Light pink: Did not get to yet!


    Summer reading list: 


    Book Club Selections:
    1. SOTH Gals (July) : You Before Me (Moyes) (Read it several years ago, didn't reread it.)
    2. RHS Ladies (July): No Meeting
    3. SOTH Gals (August) : Theo of Golden (Levi)
    4. RHS Ladies (August) : The Loneliness of Sonia and Sunny (Desai)
    5. SOTH Gals (Sept.) : Civilizations (Binett)
    6. RHS Ladies (Sept.): The Book Club for Troublesome Women (Bostwick)

      Challenge Books:
      1. Classics Club Spin Book TBA from this list -- The Stranger (Camus)
      2. Printz Award Winner or honor book -- Sisters in the Wind (Boulley)
      3. Paris in July Challenge -- The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain
      4. A NYT Book Best of Century selection -- Austerlitz (Sebald)
      5. Three Goodreads Summer Challenge selections TBA, starting July 1st.
        1. Last Summer on State Street by Toya Wolfe
        2. Agnes Aubert's Mystical Cat Shelter by Heather Fawcett
        3. Brokeback Mountain by E. Annie Proulx

      Books I've already started, recently acquired, and/or have on-hold at the library:
      1. Kin (Jones)
      2. Agnes Aubert's Magical Cat Shelter (Fawcett)
      3. Enormous Wings (Frankel)
      4. Land (O'Farrell)
      5. The Typewriter and the Guillotine (Braude)
      6. The Warmth of Other Suns (Wilkerson)

      “It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.” 

      -Anne

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      I love comments!!!