"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

My Year in Books...a meme

Photo Credit: A. Bennett, Chihuly Museum

Let's have some fun and take part in Adam's end of year meme, My Life in Books
The rules? Pretty simple: answer the questions with books you read this year!

In high school I was: a Love Warrior (Glennon Melton)

People might be surprised (that): I Heard God Laughing (poems by Hafiz)

I will never beA Dog in the Cave (Kay Frydenborg)

My fantasy job isLab Girl (Hope Jahren)

At the end of a long day I needHomegoing (Yaa Gyasi)

I hate(d) it:  When We Collided (Emory Lord)

Wish I hadMilk and Honey (Rupi Kaur)

My family reunions areOrdinary Grace (William Krueger)

At a party you’d find me (talking about): News of the World (Paulette Jiles)

I’ve never been toThe (A) Beatles (concert) (Bob Spitz)

A happy day includesHelp. Wow. Thanks. Three Essential Prayers (Anne Lamott)

Motto I live byThe Playbook: 52 Rules to Aim, Shoot, and Score in the Game Called Life (Kwame Alexander)

On my bucket list is: (is to see the musical) Hamilton (Martha Brockenbrough)

In my next life, I want to have: (Bernie Sanders Guide to) Political Revolution (Bernie Sanders)

Join in the end of year, life in review, what-books-did-I-read-this-year fun with Adam @Roofbeamreader.



6 comments:

  1. That is very clever, but I don't read enough interesting titles to make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It's great how many titles can fit the slot with such precision! Or with s little tweaking!

    I keep seeing Milk & Honey popping up everywhere, I may have to take a closer look...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaur has a sequel to Milk and Honey. I want to read it.

      Delete
  3. What a fun way to sum up books we've read this year. I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy doing this every year. I also have one as a story, see my 2016 version here: https://wordsandpeace.com/2017/01/02/year-of-reading-2016-part-3/
    I'll post my 2017 at the beginning of Jan 2018

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.