"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Quotes

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
Th
e Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest, or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading. This is the book I'm reading right now---



Title: Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

Book Beginning:

how it is so easy for you
to be kind to people he asked

milk and honey dripped
from my lips as i answered

cause people have not
been kind to me

Friday 56:

nothing is safer
than the sound of you
reading out loud to me

- the perfect date

Comments: I saw this title as the number one book on a list of suggested book-club books. I thought that was odd because it is a book of poetry. But perhaps, more than that, it is a story told using poetry. We'll see.


13 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! I've never read a book of poetry before. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm . . . interesting idea. Thanks for sharing it on BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read poetry books now and this sounds like something I would really enjoy. I especially like it when the poems are interconnected. I'll have to look for this one. I hope you like it! Have a great weekend, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful and lyrical. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice excerpts. Not to mention what a nice combination milk and honey are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne,

    I love the 'First Lines' you shared, despite my initial thoughts about this not being a book for me.

    I know the book tells a story in poetry, so I am wondering if it is a book I can dip in and out of, rather than a story which needs to be read in the same way as any other piece of fiction?

    The cover art is very simple and understated, yet it works so well with the sympathetic title.

    I hope that you enjoy the book and thanks for sharing something so beautiful and original for your BBOF post this week :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book has been one that I have had my eye on for quite some time now. I think that the concept is amazing and I love that it is lyrical. I hope that you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it's as good as Shakespeare's narrative poetry - it will be worth the read. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not saying that this poetry is like Shakepeare's but usually when I read poetic prose it take s a bit for my brain to click in but once it does, I enjoy the style.

      Delete
  9. I really enjoyed Milk and Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has actually been really popular at my library - I had no clue it was told with poetry before now....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't think this is for me. Writing my own poetry has made me finicky on reading others. I hope you love it though. Have a great week ahead! I added you to the Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't read poetry, but I've been really curious about this one. I just requested it from my library and I'm 57th in line! Hopefully, it's gets to me sooner than expected.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.