"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Liebester Award

I was awarded another award this week, this one by Paein and MS4Tune. Thank you for this honor. Some of the questions are quite silly but I had fun. I am supposed to award these to ten other blogs, but instead I encourage my readers to grab the questions and have fun with them, too.
liebster-award2
  1. What is your favorite classic novel? Why is it your favorite?
    Pride and Prejudice. There is just something about the story that appeals to me.
  2. For some reason, the universe is feeling generous and everyone gets $10,000 next weekend to go anywhere in their respective countries. Where would you go?
    Alaska. I've only been once and saw very little of our 49th state. I want to see more.
  3. Have you ever seen a shooting star? Did you make a wish? Care to share? Did it come through?
    Yes. I'm sure I did when I was a child but I don't remember what I wished for.
  4. What’s your favorite type of blog post to write?
    Book reviews.
  5. Suppose you lived in a world where your life is a novel, what genre would you want it to be?
    I have no idea...maybe a historical romance.
  6. Of all the novels you’ve read, which character do you dislike the most? Why?
    Delores Umbridge. She is so smug and self-righteous
  7. What’s the most unique book you’ve ever read?
    I can think of several very unique books, all for different reasons. Jasper Fforde's The Eyre Affair came to mind first because it is a mystery where the sleuth has to go inside the book Jane Eyre to solve it.
  8. If you could meet any character from a book, show, or comic, who would it be and why?Aslan, but I would have to remember he is not a tame lion.
  9. Suppose you slept until your sense of time got muddled and when you wake, there’s no one around as if they’re still sleeping. Would you be able to tell the difference between dusk and dawn? 
    What a random, weird question. Yes, I believe I could tell the difference.
  10. When do you like to write? Morning, noon, night? All?
    Whenever I have time but I can usually buckle down and finish my posts if I start them in the morning.
  11. It’s the end of the work/school day and you’re exhausted. As you’re about to leave, Big Billy the Bully grabs your keys and runs off. The keys are your only means for getting home. What would you do? Anything is possible. Disclaimer: Your solution must include a ladder, a donkey, and fried oreos with green cheese. (I ran outta questions.) Ha-ha. This one is super easy. Attach the oreos to the sides of the ladder with the cheese to form little wheels. Use the rest of the cheese as strings that can be used as reins for the donkey to pull the ladder home (With me on it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.