"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday Salon, December 14th, late edition

Donder

Blitzen
Weather: today was cold and clear. Mt. Rainier looked spectacular off-set by the blue sky.

Cue the music: another Christmas song by Pentatonix.


3rd Sunday of advent: the church choir made the annual trek to visit a small country church to share and afternoon of music and carols. Both of my daughters and husband sing in the choir so I go along to experience the wonder of this time of year in another setting. I always feel like I am stepping into a Currier and Ives postcard which we visit this small church. Afterwards we had a lovely dinner at our daughter and son-in-law's new home. Yum!

Our "Moose-a-muffin" project is essentially finished. September 1st we bought a new car and that decision has led to chain reaction of tasks to an effort to get space for the car to park in the garage. Step 1: new shelving in the garage; Step 2: clear a space and pour a concrete pad in the back yard; Step 3: build a garden shed on the concrete pad; Step 4: Move large items from the garage into the shed so that the car can finally be parked in the garage. Done. It only took us three months but we've been wanting to do this for eighteen years, ever since we moved to this house. 

Currently reading: I am honestly only reading and listening to The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. It is a very complex story but exquisitely written. When I am not reading it, I am thinking about it. Progress: page 417 of 771; that is the 14th of 26 audiodiscs.

Ha-ha: I saw something about Cat Shaped Marshmallows (see photo) on Facebook. I thought it would be a fun gift for my daughter who loves marshmallows AND cats. When I searched around on the internet where to buy them, I ran into a website selling Marshmallow Willies. Check the link (I don't want the picture on my blog, ha!) 

2 comments:

  1. Those kitty marshmallows are CUTE! I too am engrossed in The Goldfinch, although I'm taking breaks to read the much more comforting Alexander McCall Smith book. And for even more of a break, I'll switch to the latest Percy Jackson. You are WAY ahead of me on Goldfinch. I feel like I'm stuck in Las Vegas and will never get out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO into The Goldfinch right now. It is all I really want to do...read or listen to it. Theo does leave Vegas, rather abruptly, so hang on.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.