"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Friday, er, Saturday Quotes, October 4th

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City Reader
The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading.

I'm reading....


Book: The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton

Book Beginning:
PROLOGUE. To many, I was myth incarnate, the embodiment of a most superb legend, a fairy tale. Some considered me a monster, a mutation. To my great misfortune, I was once mistaken for an angel. To my mother, I was everything.
Friday 56:
I've been told things happen as they should: my grandmother fell in love three times before her nineteenth birthday. My mother found love with the neighbor boy when she was six. And I was born with wings, a misfit who didn't dare to expect something as grandiose as love. It's our fate, our destiny, that determines such things, isn't it?
My thoughts/comments: Another YA book being considered for our Mock Printz list. I have only just started it. I'm only five pages in but so far I am hooked by the voice of the narrator.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely so far.... I am intrigued by the wings/monster aspect....
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.