"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, August 15, 2014

Cue the music... I did it!

Cue the Rocky music and celebrate with me....



When I realized that I was going to finish The Golem and the Jinni today, the music from the movie Rocky kept running through my head.

You see, I have been listening to the audiobook of the The Golem and the Jinni since early June, with breaks for vacation time. With 22 discs, it was over 20 hours of listening. I loved the book but it was a gargantuan task to listen to any one book for that length of time. Ordinarily I would have just abandoned the audiobook and picked up the print book (because I can read so much faster than listen) but I didn't have one and there was a queue for it at the library. I soldiered on, completing it just minutes ago.

I will post a true to life review soon, but in the meantime let's just celebrate for a minute, shall we?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.