"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Memes: May 2

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't dig for their favorite book, the coolest, or the most intellectual. They use the one they are currently reading.

Book: The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson

Genre/Type: Realistic YA fiction

Book Beginnings:
      It started in detention. No surprises there, right? Detention was invented by the same idiots who dreamed up the time-out corner.
Friday 56: 
     "Innocent?" I served the ball so hard she squealed and dove for the ground. "He won't leave me alone! Look what he did to my arm! That's assault."
     "Assault with a Sharpie?"
My thoughts: Laurie Halse Anderson is the author of Speak which is still a tremendously popular novel in my library, with good reason. It is such an awesome books kids overlook that it was published over 15 years ago.

Now Halse writes another book on a tough subject--- the topic is PTSD. It is a very timely topic. I am looking forward to this read, er, listen. I picked up the audiobook in the library today.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to read this one. I read another by her and really enjoyed it.
    I added you to the Linky. You should try to remember to add it after posting to ensure visits to your 56. :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had trouble finding the linky this week and then I finally got to it and you must have signed me up because I was on there already. :)

      Delete
    2. If ever you cannot find the post, at the top of my site there is a button shaped like a red Maple leaf. Find the one that says The Friday 56, the 4th one in, and click it. It will direct you to the latest post.
      Here is this week's post url: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2014/05/the-friday-56.html

      Delete
  2. I will have to write this title down. Some interest in PTSD.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.