"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, March 19, 2012

Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read list

Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read list

My selections today will help me with three projects:
A. Make progress on my reading challenges;
B. Identify new selections for my Nifty Fifty Cart; and
C. Start reading books published in 2012 that may make my Mock Printz list.

Books on my A list (Reading Challenges):
1. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
2. The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
3. Under the Mesquite by Guadalupe Garcia McCall
4. Putting Make-up on the Fat Boy by Bil Wright
5. Soldier Bear by Bib Tak
6. Stotan! by Chris Crutcher (also for B)

Books on my B list (Nifty Fifty prospects)
1. Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach
2. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
3. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
4. Black and White by Paul Volpoini
5. Sabriel by Garth Nix

Books on my C List (Potential Mock Printz selections)
1. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
3. Master of Deceit: J. Edgar Hoover by Marc Aronson
4. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

If you have some suggestions for my B and C lists, I am very open to suggestions.
The Nifty Fifty cart is just a special cart I have in the library with 50 different books that are generally liked by all readers, high and low.  The lead up to the Mock Printz Workshop, kids read 10-15 preselected books that I think might win the Printz Award in January. 

7 comments:

  1. I like your organization system there! Looks like you have a lot to read this spring. I'm curious about the Disenchantments because I've seen it recommended by a few other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great list. I need to read a lot of these, and the rest I need to check out.

    My TT/Top Ten Tuesday post is here

    Happy Reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, just popping in... Great list :)

    I’m also your newest follower!

    Here is my choice...
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you organized - I did it by challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lists! I really enjoyed Putting Makeup on the Fat Boy, Stotan!, and Running Dream. It sounds like you have a good spring break planned

    ReplyDelete
  6. There isn't a single book on your list this week that I have read. I've heard of some of the YA titles though, so I'll look forward to reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mm, Bitterblue. I love everything Cashore's written, and I can't wait to get my grubby hands on her newest novel. Been waiting for what feels like forever!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.