"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Salon... March 11

Weather today... Rainy, cold, and threats of snow and wind.

Helping the economy:  Yesterday my hubby and I ordered new counter tops for our kitchen. We chose quartz counters that looks like granite but are more nonporous. After leaving that showroom we went to Sears and bought a new washer/dryer pair. Ch-Ching!

Jury Duty gal:  Monday I reported to fulfill a civic duty on Jury Duty. I did serve on one jury and was considered for another. The rest of the week was spent sitting around in the jury room.  Bonus, I did get a lot of reading done.

I'm reading: 1. When Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley. This was the Printz Award winner this year2. Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta...I started this book last summer and never had the chance to finish it.

I'm listening to: Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones. This is a book club selection.

Book finished this week: 1. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini, the fourth book in the Eragon series;  2. The Handmaid and the Carpenter by Elizabeth Berg, the Christmas story of Joseph and Mary; 3. Homestretch by Paul Volponi, a good book for reluctant readers; 4. Angry Management by Chris Crutcher, one of my favorite authors this book did not disappoint. Look for my review soon.

Lists: As our remodeling projects near I am creating lists of things I need to do before the installers arrive.

Scripture lesson in church: John 4:25,26 25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” 26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

I'm praying for: A friend who is starting a new course of chemotherapy this week and for his wife, my friend.

Around the house: The washing machine quit spinning... hence, the purchase of a new laundry pair! 
 
From the kitchen: Tonight: pesto salmon and Caesar salad.

Musical event of the week: Tomorrow our church hosts the UPS choir for an evening concert.

A favorite quote this week: “I have abandoned my search for truth and am now looking for a good fantasy ” Ashleigh Brilliant

3 comments:

  1. Dinner sounds wonderful, remodeling not so much. Thank you for your prayers; they are much appreciated. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having rainy weather, it's been absolutely beautiful in my neck of the woods.

    I was almost selected for a jury once. I sat at the courthouse for two whole days and was dismissed on the last cut. :( I did get a lot of reading done, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to hearing what you think of Angry Management and Where Things Come Back!

    New counter tops is very exciting! I did a kitchen build/remodel a couple years ago

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.