"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Follow Friday


The idea of this weekly blog hop is to make new blog friends, to answer one or two silly questions, and to feature one special blog per week. That blog this week is Reading with Rebecca. Congratulations, Rebecca!

Five BOOK RELATED silly facts about me.
1. I get a thrill out of recommending books to people who return and tell me that they "loved the book."
2. I listen to audiobooks in the car on my way to work and home.
3. I think I have a crush on Mr. Darcy.  I reread Pride and Prejudice, orits modern sequels, at least once a year.
4. My favorite YA books are those with quirky characters. Libba Bray, Chris Crutcher, and John Green are favorite authors because of their quirky characters.
5. I haven't read, gasp, Grapes of Wrath, Frankenstein, Great Expectations, or Hamlet.

13 comments:

  1. Just hopping by! Of those books in #5, I've only read "Hamlet." I didn't have to read most of the books other read in high school, and I've been reading them on my own ever since. Guess I need to add a few more to the list!

    GraceKrispy@MotherLode blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best things about being a librarian is recommending books to kids! That's what drives my need to read as many YAs as possible, so I can make great recommendations. And if I haven't read it, at least I've read some reviews of it from my blogger friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Love quirky characters! And Libba Bray! New follower, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a list of books that I am ashamed to admit that I haven't read. What is especially shameful is the fact that I have no desire to read them.

    www.reflectionsofabookaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mr. Darcy too! I love all Jane Austen's leading heros! I'm a new follower! My FF is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I get a thrill out of recommending books to people who return and tell me that they "loved the book."

    It is wonderful isn't? Unfortunately I get the I HATED IT quite often too lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. If you like quirky characters, I bet you'd love Sean Griswold's Head. The protag is pretty OCD and all into control and organization.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Anne! The pink box thingy I used on my Follow Friday post was so hard to figure out at first! I didn't know what it was called so I couldn't even google it!
    Just the other day, I was on Parajunkee's View, browsing through the blogging 101 posts and she answered a question about how to make them. Ta-da! Problem solved :)
    Check out the post here.

    I'm a new follower :) Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Grapes of Wrath, Frankenstein, Great Expectations, or Hamlet either. I'm currently reading East of Eden for my English class, though. It's interesting. I might have to try other Steinbeck books after this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog, now I'm stopping by yours to follow you. Of the books in #5, the only one I haven't read is Frankenstein. Ironic, isn't it?

    Aaron (Dreaming About Other Worlds).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anne! Thanks for the congrats in your Follow Friday post :). I'm a new follower to you as well :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne. I'm an old follower hopping by.

    I too, enjoy the thrill of handing out awesome book rec's!

    I've never listened to an audiobook, though I might have to give one a try. A lot of folks seem to really enjoy them.

    Have a great weekend!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Already a follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.